Monday, October 25, 2010

The Art of Mixing and Matching


One of the simple stress relievers for me is to do my nails.  I usually do my nails late at night when the house is quieting down.  I usually make a cup of tea, put on a Drew Barrymore flick and do my nails.  When I am picking out my colors I usually take a look at my clothes to see what combination I can think of that would compliment my nail color.  I love to put together different combos on my hands and feet.  It is a rarity that I use the same color on my nails and toes.  Here are a few of my recent combos and hope you come up with your own favorite combo!

My current combo:
Nails: Essie Chinchilly

Toes: OPI Russian Navy
Some other combos:
Nails: Essie Merino Cool
Toes: OPI Miami Beet
Try this one:
Nails: Essie Wicked
Toes: Essie Licorice

4 comments:

  1. What color is chinchilly? It looks brown in the picture. Just want to check before I make a fashion faux pas! :)

    Will you write a post on mixing and matching accessories? And maybe one on the best way to wear black? And then another one on the right clothes for body type? By the way, I'm trying to make you my own personal Stacy London/Clinton Kelly team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, good ideas! Chinchilly is a grey color, very pretty on. I think Target sells Essie, but I have a friend that bought a Sally Hansen in almost the same color. I am wearing chinchilly right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wearing Chinchilly right now as well. I love the color. It is so pretty. I seem to look at clothes now and think "What would Mandy say?" before I by them. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dory you crack me up! I love that you like Chinchilly. It is definitely one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete